About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- Patterns in Multicultural Young Adults Novels about Persian Culture December 27, 2017
- Drawing Queerness: Evaluating Notable LGBTQ Graphic Novels for Teens December 27, 2017
- Provide the Highest Level of Service: Public Library Collections of LGBTQ* Materials for Adolescents in the United States July 18, 2017
- Dreaming in Color: Identifying Race and Ethnicity in YA Speculative Fiction Reviews July 18, 2017
- Understanding Empathetic Services: The Role of Empathy in Everyday Library Work July 18, 2017
Category Archives: 2010 Symposium Paper Presentations
By Kafi Kumasi, Wayne State University Abstract This article describes the conceptual underpinnings of a learning approach described as cultural inquiry. ‘ This learning approach grew from the author’s work with a diverse group of African American youth in an after … Continue reading
“Teens Today Don’t Read Books Anymore”: A Study of Differences in Interest and Comprehension Based on Reading Modalities: Part 1, Introduction and Methodology
By Jessica E. Moyer, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities Are teens really not reading as much as they did in the past? Are teens reading, but in nontraditional formats that are underreported? If surveys focus on book reading, what … Continue reading
By Eleanor Wood, Decatur (Ill.) Public Library Abstract This paper examines whether young adult literature accurately reflects young adults’ knowledge of and interaction with sexuality. Teen literature has grown to represent a broader inclusion of sexuality, be it orientation, sex, … Continue reading