About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- Call for Papers for Special Themed Issue: Access in Libraries that Serve Teens August 26, 2020
- The Darkest Themes: Perceptions of Teen-on-Teen Gun Violence in Schools as Portrayed in Teen Literature April 27, 2020
- When Libraries Aren’t Challenged: Librarians Discuss a Lack of Patron Challenges to Their Collections April 27, 2020
- A Public Health Approach to Uncovering the Health-Related Needs of Teen Library Patrons February 3, 2020
- “It’s Okay to Be Confused”: LGBTQAI+ Teen Novels as Sexuality and Sexual Health Information Resources February 3, 2020
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Cover Story: What the Book Jacket of Adele Minchin’s Young Adult Novel, The Beat Goes On, Communicates about HIV/AIDS
By Annette Y. Goldsmith, Guest Faculty, University of Washington Information School;’ Melissa Gross, Professor, Florida State University School of Library and Information Studies; Debi Carruth, Doctoral Candidate, Florida State University School of Library and Information Studies Teens can learn about … Continue reading
JRLYA seeks papers for its Spring 2012 issue on the theme of Twenty-First Century Literacies. The issue will feature articles focusing on different twenty-first century literacies. Possibilities include information literacy, traditional literacy, multicultural literacy, transliteracy, visual literacy, media literacy, civic … Continue reading
The Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults, the official research journal of the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA),’ is an online open-access, peer-reviewed journal launched in November 2010.’ The purpose of Journal of Research on Libraries and Young … Continue reading