About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- Patterns in Multicultural Young Adults Novels about Persian Culture December 27, 2017
- Drawing Queerness: Evaluating Notable LGBTQ Graphic Novels for Teens December 27, 2017
- Provide the Highest Level of Service: Public Library Collections of LGBTQ* Materials for Adolescents in the United States July 18, 2017
- Dreaming in Color: Identifying Race and Ethnicity in YA Speculative Fiction Reviews July 18, 2017
- Understanding Empathetic Services: The Role of Empathy in Everyday Library Work July 18, 2017
Category Archives: Volume 1 Number 3: June 2011
by Sandra Hughes-Hassell Welcome to the third issue of the Journal for Research on Libraries and Young Adults (JRLYA), the online research journal of the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, … Continue reading
by Casey H. Rawson Abstract With increasingly diverse service populations, especially among younger patrons, libraries are in need of more titles featuring individuals from varied backgrounds. Librarians often rely upon preassembled title lists, such as YALSA’s Best Books for Young … Continue reading
More Powerful than a Locomotive: Using Graphic Novels to Motivate Struggling Male Adolescent Readers
by Karen Gavigan Abstract Although the popularity of graphic novels is growing by leaps and bounds, there is currently little empirical research documenting their use with struggling male adolescent readers. The purpose of this article is to present the results … Continue reading
by Sandra Hughes-Hassell The YALSA Research Committee is charged with stimulating, encouraging, guiding, and directing the research needs of young adult library services, as well as compiling abstracts and disseminating research findings. In response to this charge, the Committee is … Continue reading