About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- The Darkest Themes: Perceptions of Teen-on-Teen Gun Violence in Schools as Portrayed in Teen Literature April 27, 2020
- When Libraries Aren’t Challenged: Librarians Discuss a Lack of Patron Challenges to Their Collections April 27, 2020
- A Public Health Approach to Uncovering the Health-Related Needs of Teen Library Patrons February 3, 2020
- “It’s Okay to Be Confused”: LGBTQAI+ Teen Novels as Sexuality and Sexual Health Information Resources February 3, 2020
- “The Expectations That We Be Educators”: The Views of Australian Authors of Young Adult Fiction on Their OwnVoices Novels as Windows for Learning about Marginalized Experiences February 3, 2020
Tag Archives: arts
Graffiti, Poetry, Dance: How Public Library Art Programs Affect Teens Part 2: The Research Study and Its Practical Implications
‘ By’ Shannon Crawford Barniskis,’ Director,’ Lomira Community Library Part 1 of this article synthesized the literature on civic engagement, art, libraries, and teen services to demonstrate how public libraries can transform the lives of their patrons and the communities they serve. This … Continue reading
Graffiti, Poetry, Dance: How Public Library Art Programs Affect Teens Part 1: Introduction & Literature Review
By’ Shannon Crawford Barniskis,’ Director,’ Lomira Community Library This two-part article addresses the outcomes of art programs in public libraries by examining the literature, and by asking teens how these programs can affect their civic engagement. The literature review synthesizes previous research on … Continue reading