About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- The Darkest Themes: Perceptions of Teen-on-Teen Gun Violence in Schools as Portrayed in Teen Literature April 27, 2020
- When Libraries Aren’t Challenged: Librarians Discuss a Lack of Patron Challenges to Their Collections April 27, 2020
- A Public Health Approach to Uncovering the Health-Related Needs of Teen Library Patrons February 3, 2020
- “It’s Okay to Be Confused”: LGBTQAI+ Teen Novels as Sexuality and Sexual Health Information Resources February 3, 2020
- “The Expectations That We Be Educators”: The Views of Australian Authors of Young Adult Fiction on Their OwnVoices Novels as Windows for Learning about Marginalized Experiences February 3, 2020
Tag Archives: disabilities
Scrofano, Diane. “Disability Narrative Theory and Young Adult Fiction of Mental Illness.” Journal of Research on Libraries & Young Adults Vol. 10 No. 1 (2019). n. page. Web. <Date accessed>.
To view the posters, click on the image to enlarge them. Title: Teaching K-12 Digital Citizenship Lesley Farmer, EdD College of Education, California State University Long Beach firstname.lastname@example.org Title: Silencing the Internal Censor in YA Collection Development Robin Fogle Kurz … Continue reading
Information Seeking in the Context of a Hobby: A Case Study of a Young Adult with Asperger’s Syndrome
By Katie O’Leary Abstract This case study focuses on a young adult with Asperger’s Syndrome (AS) whose hockey hobby necessitates significant information seeking that satisfies cognitive, affective, and social needs to the point that it precludes the development of practical … Continue reading