About JRLYAThe Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults is an open-access, peer-reviewed online research journal published by the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, and practices to support young adult library services, as emphasized in’ YALSA’s National Research Agenda.
Subscribe to JRLYA's Email Notification ListSign up to receive an email notifying you of new content at the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults!
- Call for Papers for Special Themed Issue: Access in Libraries that Serve Teens August 26, 2020
- The Darkest Themes: Perceptions of Teen-on-Teen Gun Violence in Schools as Portrayed in Teen Literature April 27, 2020
- When Libraries Aren’t Challenged: Librarians Discuss a Lack of Patron Challenges to Their Collections April 27, 2020
- A Public Health Approach to Uncovering the Health-Related Needs of Teen Library Patrons February 3, 2020
- “It’s Okay to Be Confused”: LGBTQAI+ Teen Novels as Sexuality and Sexual Health Information Resources February 3, 2020
Tag Archives: From the Editor
By Sandra Hughes-Hassell, JRLYA member editor Welcome to the Journal for Research on Libraries and Young Adults. Beginning with this issue, JRLYA will move to a dynamic publication schedule. As soon as a manuscript has met our rigorous review criteria, … Continue reading
By Sandra Hughes-Hassell This issue of the Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults (JRLYA) marks the beginning of our second year of publication. Over the past year, we have published articles on research topics such as the reading … Continue reading
by Sandra Hughes-Hassell Researchers present the findings of their studies in a number of ways. While the primary avenue for dissemination is still the peer-reviewed journal, other means such as juried conference papers and presentations, as well as juried poster … Continue reading
by Sandra Hughes-Hassell Welcome to the third issue of the Journal for Research on Libraries and Young Adults (JRLYA), the online research journal of the Young Adult Library Services Association. Its purpose is to enhance the development of theory, research, … Continue reading