Good morning, everyone!
Last week we wanted to know which female character had the best name, and you chose Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (which we recently mentioned as one of the books that’s appearing on a number of “best of 2011” lists). In the comments, Jessica also nominated Knives Chau from the Scott Pilgrim books, and Tina called us out for not including Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games trilogy in the list. Don’t forget that you can always see results of this poll (and all our previous polls) in the polls archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Not every book is for every reader, so when something you’re not especially excited about becomes popular, it can seem like it’s taking forever for that trend to run its course. This week, we want to know which current trend in YA lit you’re most ready to see be replaced by the next big thing*. Vote below or leave a comment if we’ve left out your top choice.
Which trend in YA lit are you most ready to see in the rear-view mirror?
- Vampires (61%, 70 Votes)
- Dystopias (14%, 16 Votes)
- Love triangles (14%, 16 Votes)
- Cliffhanger endings (11%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 115
* Interested in talking about the next big thing in YA lit? The theme for YALSA’s 2012 YA Literature Symposium is “The Future of Young Adult Literature: Hit Me with the Next Big Thing.” If you’ve got an idea for a program or paper presentation, submit your proposal now, because the deadline is tomorrow. The symposium will be held November 2-4, 2012, in St. Louis, Missouri.
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014