Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, in honor of the Lunar New Year and the beginning of the Year of the Dragon, we asked you to vote on your favorite dragon from YA lit. It was a very close race between Smaug (from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien) and Sapphira (from the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini), but Smaug came out on top by a narrow margin! Kazul (of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede) also made a good showing. See the results for any of our previous questions in the poll archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we want to know about siblings. They can be each others’ greatest rivals or best friends, and they can know each other better than anyone–unless they’re keeping secrets from one another. They look up to each other, look down on each other, protect each other, tease each other, guide each other, and abandon each other. And they make great storytelling devices! So who are the best (for your own definition of “best”) siblings? Vote in the poll below and leave a comment explaining your choice!
Who are the best siblings?
- Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) (53%, 18 Votes)
- Nick and Alan Ryves (The Demonâ€™s Lexicon) (24%, 8 Votes)
- Saba, Lugh, and Emmi (Blood Red Road) (21%, 7 Votes)
- Gretchen and Ansel (Sweetly) (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 34
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014