Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked you who the best siblings in YA lit were. Nick and Alan Ryves (The Demon’s Lexicon) and Saba, Lugh, and Emmi (Blood Red Road) put up a fight, but Edward and Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist won with quite a respectable lead! See detailed results in our poll archive, and thanks to everyone who voted.
This week, we want to explore fictional universes a little bit. Some of what makes those universes feel culturally real is mythology, some of it is believable characters and how they interact, some of it is slang–and some of it is profanity. So we’d like to know: what’s your favorite made-up profanity? Vote in the poll below and leave a comment if we’ve forgotten anything really great!
What's the best made-up swear word/phrase?
- Barking Spiders! (Leviathan series) (28%, 33 Votes)
- Frex (Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis) (27%, 32 Votes)
- Cakesniffer (A Series of Unfortunate Events) (25%, 30 Votes)
- Belgium (Hitchhikerâ€™s Guide to the Galaxy) (16%, 19 Votes)
- Crot (House of the Scorpions) (3%, 3 Votes)
- Goohulog (Discworld books) (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 119
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014