Good morning, Hub readers!
I’ve been watching the results of this week’s poll over the week, cheering for my favorite, and it’s really been a neck-and-neck race. Now that all of the final votes are in, though, “barking spiders!” has won, with “frex” and “cakesniffer” coming in a very close second and third. Apologies to those of you who wanted to vote for the many different made-up swear words in the Maze Runner trilogy and were disappointed not to see it as an option. But thanks to all of you who voted and commented. See the results of this poll and all that came before it in our Polls Archive.
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and whether you love the holiday or hate it, it’s gotten us thinking about love, so this week, we want to know who the most tragic star-crossed lovers in YA lit are. Vote in the poll below and leave a comment if we’ve forgotten a truly heartbreaking couple.
Who are the most tragic star-crossed lovers?
- Hazel and Augustus (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green) (47%, 34 Votes)
- Lyra Belacqua & Will Parry (His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman) (34%, 25 Votes)
- Mau and Daphne (Nation by Terry Pratchett) (8%, 6 Votes)
- Jem and Spider (Numbers by Rachel Ward) (7%, 5 Votes)
- Kaede & Taisin (Huntress by Malinda Lo) (3%, 2 Votes)
- Sammy and Juliana (Hollywood by Benjamin Alire Saenz) (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014