Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week in honor of Valentine’s Day, we asked who you thought the most tragic star-crossed lovers were. For a while, there was a bit of a race between Lyra Belacqua and Will Parry from Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy and Hazel and Augustus from John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars, but over the course of the week, Hazel and Augustus pulled ahead and came out the winner. Thank you to all of you who voted and commented! For results of any of our previous polls, check out the Polls Archive.
This week, we’re revisiting a previous poll in spirit. In November, we wanted to know which trend in YA lit you were most ready to see end (vampires won that one handily!). This week, we want to know which trend in YA lit book covers you’re most ready to see come to an end. Vote in the poll below, and leave a comment if there’s something we didn’t include that you’re so over.
Which trend in YA lit book covers are you most ready to see end?
- Covers that show headless female bodies (42%, 47 Votes)
- Covers dominated by faces or partial faces (22%, 25 Votes)
- Covers that have pictures of couples kissing (21%, 23 Votes)
- Covers featuring feet or shoes (12%, 13 Votes)
- Covers that show the back of a head (4%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 112
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014