The 2012 Best of the Best Reading Challenge is officially over and the final check-in period has ended! In total, 26 of you finished the challenge by reading at least 25 titles.
Our grand prize winner is Robin A., who read nine Great Graphic novels, two Amazing Audiobooks, two Morris Award winners/honor books, three Popular Paperbacks, two Excellence in Nonfiction Honor titles, three Alex Award winners, two Quick Picks, and two Best Fiction for Young Adult titles. Robin will receive a YALSA tote bag of 2011-2012 YA lit.
And just because I love statistics, here are some interesting facts for you:
- We had three Jennifers and three Sara/Sarahs finish the challenge.
- The first person to finish the challenge did so on May 12th, six weeks in to the challenge.
- The most popular book was The Influencing Machine: Brooke Gladstone on the Media, which was read by 18 of the 26 finishers.
Thanks again to everyone who participated (even if you didn’t finish!) and left comments. We’ll keep you posted about future reading challenges!
— Gretchen Kolderup, currently listening to Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014