Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week fall was in the air, so we asked which sequel coming in the few months you were most looking forward to. Lots of you spoke up, and Laini Taylor’s sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight (due November 6th), came out on top with 23% of the vote. You’re also looking forward to Ally Condie’s Reached, the third book in the Matched trilogy; it comes out on November 13th and earned 17% of the vote. Shadows by Ilsa Bick and Outpost by Ann Aguirre also got shout-outs in the comments. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Lots of novels are very rooted in the city where they take place, and there’s no way the book could exist anywhere else. That got us thinking: wouldn’t the characters in those books make great tour guides for the cities that are so important to them? So this week, we want to know which city you’d want to visit and who you’d want to have as a tour guide. (We’re asking about real places this time; we may follow this up with another poll asking the same question, but for fantasy or sci-fi locations.) Vote in the poll below, or leave us a comment if there’s another city/character pair you think is even better!
What city do you want to visit, and who would be your tour guide?
- Prague with Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) (37%, 34 Votes)
- Paris with Etienne St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss) (36%, 33 Votes)
- Los Angeles with Weetzie (Weetzie Bat) (12%, 11 Votes)
- New York City with Nick or Norah (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) (10%, 9 Votes)
- Gutshot, TN with Colin Singleton (An Abundance of Katherines) (5%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 92
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014