2012 Teens’ Top Ten Winners!
Teen Read Week is here, and while that means the next few days will be packed with conversations and activities about teens and reading, I think the most exciting event of the week is the announcement of the books that made this year’s Teens’ Top Ten. Book groups nationwide suggested titles, young people all over the country voted for their favorites, we made predictions about what would make the list, and today YALSA announced the winners!
2012 Teens’ Top Ten
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (HarperCollins)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Penguin)
- Legend by Marie Lu (Penguin)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Quirk Books)
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen (Penguin)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Penguin)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Macmillan)
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic)
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman (Penguin)
- Abandon by Meg Cabot (Scholastic)
Starting today with Meg Cabot, we’ll have interviews, guest posts, videos, profiles, and reflections on the authors of the winning books. Congratulations to the authors and their publishers — and thanks to all of the teens who voted!