Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked which winter sequel (that is, which sequel coming out in December, January, or February) you were most looking forward to and the results are super-clear: with 48% of the vote, our winner is The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson (which follows The Name of the Star in her Shades of London series and will be published in February). Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (the sequel to Teens’ Top Ten title Cinder and the second book in her Lunar Chronicles series — it’s also out February 2013) came in second with 15% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we’re sticking with our winter theme. There are plenty of books set during the winter or in snowy places or that somehow seem appropriate as the nights get longer and the days colder. But which one of these winter books is your favorite? Vote in our poll below, or leave us a comment if we’ve left out a really great wintertime title!
Which book is the best winter book?
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (22%, 32 Votes)
- The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper (21%, 30 Votes)
- Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle (19%, 28 Votes)
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (17%, 24 Votes)
- East by Edith Pattou (13%, 19 Votes)
- The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean (6%, 8 Votes)
- Far from You by Lisa Schroeder (1%, 2 Votes)
- Ex Games by Jennifer Echols (1%, 1 Votes)
- Snow in Love by Claire Ray (0%, 0 Votes)
- The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Catherine Hapka (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 144
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014