Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked which book was your favorite winter book, and it was a close race! Edging out a narrow lead was Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater with 22% of the vote, followed by The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper (21%), Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle (19%), and Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (17%). You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This weekend, the first movie by Peter Jackson based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit was released, grossing $84.8 million over its first three days, breaking the record for a December release (previously held by I Am Legend — yay movies based on books!). It’s gotten us wrapped up in the world of high fantasy, and that scene where Bilbo’s home fills up with dwarves was pretty great, so we want to know: who’s your favorite dwarf in fantasy literature? Vote in the poll below or leave a comment if your favorite isn’t on the list!
Who is your favorite dwarf?
- Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin (41%, 43 Votes)
- Gimli from The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien (34%, 36 Votes)
- Baldar from Going Bovine by Libba Bray (18%, 19 Votes)
- Jepp from Jepp, Who Defied the Stars by Katherine Marsh (4%, 4 Votes)
- Roger from The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf (The Squire's Tales) by Gerald Morris (3%, 3 Votes)
- Conrad from Fortune's Fool by Kathleen Karr (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 105
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014