Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked which character’s accessory you most wanted, and — of course! — Hermione’s Time-Turner from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was your top pick by far with 72% of the votes. Po’s Lienid rings (from Graceling by Kristin Cashore) was second with 14% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Today is the last day of 2012, so this week, we want to know what you’re most looking forward to in 2013. While there are definitely specific titles or events that we can’t wait for, we’re thinking a little more generally here. Is it meeting new characters? Revisiting familiar worlds? Seeing YA lit adapted for movies or television? Something else? Vote in the poll below, and leave us a comment if you have other things you’re excited about!
What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
- The exciting continuation of series I already know and love (28%, 24 Votes)
- Challenging myself to get outside of my reading comfort zone (26%, 22 Votes)
- Exploring new worlds and meeting characters in books that haven't been published (24%, 20 Votes)
- YA lit being read and enjoyed by more and more non-teens (11%, 9 Votes)
- Enjoying interesting new takes on YA lit in film and TV (7%, 6 Votes)
- Finding new ways to connect with other fans of YA lit (2%, 2 Votes)
- Reading in new formats and discovering new cross-media tie-ins (2%, 2 Votes)
- Getting to know my favorite characters differently through fanworks (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 85
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014