Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we wanted to know which YA title you thought was most interesting from a list we put together. Your favorite, with 42% of the vote, was Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have) by Sarah Mlynowski. Coming in second with 27% of the vote was Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews; third and fourth were The Complete History of Why I Hate Her by Jennifer Richard Jacobson (15%) and Zombies vs Unicorns edited by Justine Larbalestier and Holly Black (14%). The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart and The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler also got shout-outs in the comments. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
We’ve previously identified two trends in YA lit: adult authors writing for YA, and YA books and series being adapted for television and film. Tonight, these two trends meet in the series premiere of The Carrie Diaries, the television adaptation of the series of the same name, which serves as something of a prequel to Sex and the City. So with that on our minds, we’re thinking about “the City,” and we want to know which YA book or series set in New York City is your favorite. Vote in the poll below, and leave us a comment if we’ve omitted your favorite NYC-based adventure!
Which YA book/series set in NYC is your favorite?
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (36%, 39 Votes)
- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (17%, 18 Votes)
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (15%, 16 Votes)
- So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld (7%, 8 Votes)
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (7%, 8 Votes)
- Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar (7%, 7 Votes)
- Airhead by Meg Cabot (6%, 6 Votes)
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell (3%, 3 Votes)
- Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski (2%, 2 Votes)
- Can't Get There From Here by Todd Strasser (0%, 0 Votes)
- Violet on the Runway by Melissa C. Walker (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 107
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014