The Monday Poll: Award Anticipation
Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked which book based in NYC was your favorite. You reminded us in the comments that we neglected to include Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber and Where She Went by Gayle Forman, but of the options we provided, you chose Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (36%) as your favorite with Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan (17%) and The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (15%) coming in second and third. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we’re full of anticipation for the Youth Media Awards announcement next Monday, when the winners of the Newbery, Caldecott, Printz, and more will be announced. We’re already pretty familiar with the contenders for the Morris Award and the Award for Excellence in Nonfiction because of our Morris/Nonfiction Reading Challenge (just one week left!), but the possibilities for the rest of the awards are a complete mystery to us, and we can’t wait to find out who’s going to win! We’ll be liveblogging the YMAs next Monday, or you can watch ALA’s livestream of the event.
In the meantime, we want to know which award you’re most excited for. Vote in the poll below, and discuss why you chose what you did in the comments!
For which YALSA award are you most excited to find out the winner
- The Michael L. Printz Award (best book written for teens) (76%, 115 Votes)
- The William C. Morris Award (best debut authors) (9%, 14 Votes)
- The Alex Awards (best adult books with appeal to teens) (6%, 9 Votes)
- The Margaret A. Edwards Award (lifetime achievement for YA authors) (4%, 6 Votes)
- The Award for Excellence in Nonfiction for Young Adults (best nonfiction for teens) (3%, 5 Votes)
- The Odyssey Award (best audiobook for children or young adults; co-administered with ALSC) (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 152