The Monday Poll: Saddest Parting of a Couple
Last week, in honor of the Super Bowl, we asked which football-focused YA book was your favorite. On the top of the pile was Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock with 47% of the vote, followed by Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach with 13%; everything else was at the back of the pack. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Valentine’s Day is this week — but not all romances turn out right. Sometimes you get the happy ending you expect (and crave?), but sometimes the two characters really can’t be together at the end. This week, we want to know which parting of a meant-to-be couple is the saddest. Vote in the poll below and let us know why you think that relationship was so tragic! Not seeing your favorite really-truly-star-crossed-lovers story? Let us know!
Which couple were you saddest to see not work out?
- Hazel and Augustus (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green) (44%, 63 Votes)
- Will and Lyra (The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman) (24%, 34 Votes)
- Bitterblue and Saf (Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore) (15%, 21 Votes)
- A and Rhiannon (Every Day by David Levithan) (9%, 13 Votes)
- Daphne and Mau (Nation by Terry Pratchett) (4%, 6 Votes)
- Jem and Spider (Numbers by Rachel Ward) (2%, 3 Votes)
- Kaede and Taisin (Huntress by Malinda Lo) (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 142