Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked which couple from YA lit you were saddest to see not work out. Hazel and Augustus from John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars won with 44% of the vote. Will and Lyra from Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy came in second with 24% of the vote, and Bitterblue and Saf from Kristin Cashore’s Bitterblue was third with 15% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we’re looking forward to the Academy Awards, which will take place this Sunday, so we want to know which upcoming book-to-movie adaptation you’re most excited about. Vote in the poll below, or leave us a message if we’ve forgotten a 2013 book-to-movie release you’re dying to see. (Beautiful Creates came out last Thursday, so it’s not on the list because there’s no anticipating to be done — just get to the theater if you haven’t seen it yet!)
Which book-to-movie adaptation are you most looking forward to?
- Catching Fire (November 22) (28%, 65 Votes)
- Great Gatsby (May 10) (19%, 43 Votes)
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (August 23) (16%, 36 Votes)
- Ender's Game (November 1) (14%, 33 Votes)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (December 13) (13%, 31 Votes)
- The Host (March 29) (7%, 16 Votes)
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (August 16) (3%, 6 Votes)
- The Seventh Son (October 18) (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 232
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014