The Monday Poll: Best Parent
Last week was Teen Tech Week, so we asked which virtual world from a YA book you’d most want to live in. Coming in on top with 56% of the vote was OASIS from Ready Player One by Ernest Cline; The Realms from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and the Heir Apparent virtual world from Heir Apparent by Vivan Vande Velde also made showings with 15% of the vote each. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
A couple of months ago, we asked who the worst parent in YA lit was; this week, we want to know who the best parent in YA lit is. Vote in the poll below, or leave a comment if there’s another parent you think tops all the rest!
Who's the best parent in YA lit?
- Mrs. Weasley (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling) (65%, 90 Votes)
- will grayson's mom (Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan) (9%, 13 Votes)
- Ken Dietz (Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King) (9%, 12 Votes)
- Mrs. Garrett (My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick) (5%, 7 Votes)
- Mr. Billings, Troy’s dad (Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going) (5%, 7 Votes)
- Elena Vilkas (Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys) (4%, 6 Votes)
- Jill’s mother (How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr) (3%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 139