Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked who you thought the best parent in YA lit is. While we didn’t include Quentin’s parents from Paper Towns Hazel’s mom from The Fault in Our Stars (both by John Green), they were mentioned in the comments. Among the parents we did include, Mrs. Weasley from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series was the clear winner with 65% of the vote. will grayson’s mom from Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan and Ken Dietz from Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King tied for second with 9% of the vote each. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we want to know which YA book (or adult book that appeals to teens) that takes place in the afterlife you think is best. Vote in the poll below, or leave a comment if we didn’t include your favorite!
Which is the best book that takes place in the afterlife?
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (45%, 42 Votes)
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin (25%, 23 Votes)
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (11%, 10 Votes)
- The Sledding Hill by Chris Crutcher (6%, 6 Votes)
- The Everafter by Amy Huntley (3%, 3 Votes)
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg (3%, 3 Votes)
- The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox (2%, 2 Votes)
- The Afterlife by Gary Soto (2%, 2 Votes)
- Ghost Girl by Tonya Hurley (1%, 1 Votes)
- Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbough (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 93
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014