Field suggestions are now open for YALSA’s 2014 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults list! Every year, the PPYA committee creates between one and five themed lists of accessible fiction, non-fiction, and graphic novels, all available in paperback. Popularity among teens, rather than literary quality, is the key criterion for nomination.
This year’s committee is compiling lists for these three themes:
- Humor Me: Funny, Fantastic and Witty Reads
- Conflicted: Life During Wartime
- GLBTQ: Books with Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer-questioning, Intersexed, Asexual Individuals, and Their Allies
We’re excited to work with such relevant, current themes, and to have a chance to update the Humor and GLBTQ lists, both of which were originally created over five years ago.
Field nominations from librarians, teachers, teens, and any enthusiastic reader of young adult literature are very welcome.
— Lisa Goldstein, Chair, 2014 Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults Committee, currently reading Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
You may also like:
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- Get Ready for ALA Annual with YA set in New Orleans - April 18, 2018
- Magic in the TeenSpot - March 2, 2018
- 2018 Morris Award Finalists: An Interview with Nic Stone - February 7, 2018