Fast and Furious Reads
Fast and Furious 6 sped into theaters over the weekend. Personally, I can’t wait to see it. In the mean time, here are some fast and furious reads with lots of action, adventure, and danger. All of these books kept me on the edge of my seat!
- 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan: Amy and Dan turn down a million dollars to travel the world searching for clues, hoping to uncover them before members of their family gets them first. The clues lead to the source of the family power, and they must dig through history to determine their locations.
- Alchemyst by Michael Scott: Sophie and Josh find themselves caught up in a magical battle between two enemies. They’re stunned to learn they have magical abilities and could help defend a book of magical secrets.
- Cold Fury by Ted Goeglein: Sara Jane learns that her family’s part of the Chicago mob after her parents and brother are kidnapped. Now someone’s after a book of secrets, and she must do everything in her power to protect it.
- Fake I.D. by Walter Sorrells: Chass doesn’t remember her real name; she and her mother have been on the run since she can remember. Now her mother’s missing and Chass needs to understand the past in order to help her mother.
- Finding Lubchenko by Michael Simmons: When Evan’s father is set up for murder and terrorism, he takes matters into his own hands to find the real person behind these crimes.
- First Shot by Walter Sorrells: David’s mother was murdered two years ago. He hasn’t forgotten the details of that night, even though he doesn’t want to remember how his father wasn’t there. He feels compelled to uncover the truth about that night — at all costs.
- Infinity Ring: A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner: Dak and Sera find a way to travel backwards in time, where they attempt to heal breaks in the timeline that changed the world for the worse.
- Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson: Finn discovers the villains of Disney World are plotting to take over the world and only he and the other DHIs can stop them.
- Sure Fire by Jack Higgins with Justin Richards: Jade and Rich’s mother died suddenly, leaving them with a father they never knew. He’s acting strangely secretive, leading them to spy on him. They watch as he’s kidnapped and determine they must rescue him themselves.
- Traitor by Andy McNab: Danny’s grandfather is a known traitor to England, and his family history is making his current dream impossible. He decides to track down his grandfather and demand the truth. He’s determined that nothing will stop him — not the people chasing him and not turning up dead leads.
- Virals by Kathy Reichs: Tory and her friends explore an off-limits island where top secret research and experiments happen. They spy a dog caged for testing and rescue it. Little do they know that by coming into contact with the dog, they’ve also been exposed. Their DNA is changed forever.
- Wildfire Run by Dee Garretson: The President’s son, Luke, becomes trapped in Camp David after an earthquake causes mayhem. He and his friends need to escape the compound immediately.
– Jennifer Rummel, currently reading Five Summers by Una LeMarche