The Monday Poll: Adaptation into a Musical
Last week, we asked which YA lit-inspired summer vacation you’d most want to take, and the votes are in. Coming in first with 29% of the vote is a personal tour of Paris with Etienne St. Claire (inspired by Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins). Second place with 27% went to a scavenger hunt across Europe (from 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson), and third place with 20% of the vote went to a trip abroad to meet a favorite author (as in The Fault in Our Stars by John Green). You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
We’ve posted a number of polls about adaptations of YA literature — which books you wanted to see turned into movies or television shows, which adaptations were the best and worst, which you were most looking forward to, and even which classics needed a YA update — and today, we’re thinking along the same lines, but we’re going in a different direction. This week, we want to know which YA book you’d most like to see turned into a musical. Vote in the poll below, or leave us a comment if you have an even better idea (there are a lot of interesting possibilities!).
Which YA book would you like to see adapted into a musical?
- Will Grayson, will grayson by John Green and David Levithan (45%, 49 Votes)
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (17%, 19 Votes)
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (12%, 13 Votes)
- Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John (12%, 13 Votes)
- Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford (7%, 8 Votes)
- Guitar Notes by Mary Amato (6%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 109