The 2013 Hub Reading Challenge is officially over and the final check-in period has ended! In total, 71 of you finished the challenge by reading at least 25 titles.
Our grand prize winner is Leslie C., who read both deeply and widely, finishing 80% of the Great Graphic Novels, 63% of the Edwards Award titles, 50% of the Popular Paperbacks, and 40% of the Nonfiction Award titles, as well as a smattering of books from other lists. Leslie will receive a YALSA tote bag of recent YA lit.
And just because I love statistics, here are some interesting facts for you:
- We had four Jennifers and three Sara/Sarahs finish the challenge.
- The first person to finish the challenge did so on March 28th, about eight weeks in to the challenge.
- The most popular book was Drama by Raina Telgemeier, which was read by 48 of our 71 finishers.
Thanks again to everyone who participated (even if you didn’t finish!) and left comments. We’ll keep you posted about future reading challenges!
— Gretchen Kolderup, currently reading Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014