The Monday Poll: Summer Jobs, Part 2
Last week we asked which summer job from a YA book you’d most want to have. Your top pick was being a library page at the New York Circulating Materials Repository (from The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman), which got 34% of the vote. Second place went to working at the library (like in The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen with 25%, and third went to being a Colonial-era re-enactor (as in Past Perfect by Leila Sales with 23% of the vote. (Can you sense the pattern here?) You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Not all summer jobs are fun, though, which leads us to this week’s question: which summer job from a YA book would you least want to have? Vote in the poll below or leave a comment if we’ve forgotten something utterly unbearable!
Which summer job from a YA sequel would you least want to have?
- Delivering souls from this world to the next (Croak by Gina Damico) (24%, 20 Votes)
- Working in a dunk tank on the boardwalk (Dunk by David Lubar) (23%, 19 Votes)
- Working for the Toronto Transit Authorityâ€™s lost and found (Acceleration by Graham McNamee) (14%, 12 Votes)
- Taking care of the family dairy farm (Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock) (13%, 11 Votes)
- Waitressing at the Last Chance Cafe (Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen) (13%, 11 Votes)
- Working at a real estate agency at the beach (The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen) (8%, 7 Votes)
- Being servant to "The Queen" at Fairyland (How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer) (5%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 84