Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, inspired by summer’s arrival, we asked which summer job from a YA book you’d least want to have, and the votes are in! Narrowly beating out everything else was delivering souls from this world to the next (from Croak by Gina Damico) with 24% of the vote. Working in a dunk tank on the boardwalk (like in Dunk by David Lubar) placed in a very close second with 23% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we’re looking at specific characters. Who from a YA lit book would you least want to meet in a dark alley? Vote in the poll below or leave a comment if we’ve omitted someone especially nasty and scary!
Which YA character would you least like to meet in a dark alley?
- Valentine Morgenstern (Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare) (39%, 25 Votes)
- Aaron (The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness) (31%, 20 Votes)
- Ismae (Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers) (11%, 7 Votes)
- Evan Walker (The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey) (9%, 6 Votes)
- Drake Merwin (Gone series by Michael Grant) (8%, 5 Votes)
- Derlock (Losers in Space by John Barnes) (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 64
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014