Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked which YA character you’d least like to meet in a dark alley. Leslie pointed out in the comments that we should have included the dad from I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga (he’s so creepy!), but of the options we did provide, Valentine Morgenstern from Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series was your top pick, with 39% of the vote. Aaron from The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness came in second with 31%. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Over the weekend there as some casting news about the upcoming Veronica Mars movie (made possible by a Kickstarter project). That got us thinking: which teen detective from YA lit is your favorite? Vote in the poll below or leave a message if we didn’t include someone you think is great!
Who's your favorite teen detective?
- Nancy Drew (series Carolyn Keene) (37%, 34 Votes)
- Cammie Morgan (Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter) (28%, 26 Votes)
- Enola Holmes (series by Nancy Springer) (15%, 14 Votes)
- Mary Quinn (The Agency series by Y.S. Lee) (7%, 6 Votes)
- Jasmine Callihan (Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe) (5%, 5 Votes)
- Maggie Quinn (Maggie Quinn: Girl vs. Evil series by Rosemary Clement-Moore) (4%, 4 Votes)
- Guy Langman (Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator by Josh Berk) (2%, 2 Votes)
- Dora (Secret Letters by Leah Scheier) (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 92
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014