Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked which TV character you thought deserved his or her own YA series. The votes are in, and your pick is the Doctor from Dr. Who with 33% of the vote. Xander Harris from Buffy the Vampire Slayer also did pretty well (24%), and April Ludgate from Parks and Recreation came in third (13%). You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we’re turning to another form of entertainment: music. Forming a band seems to be part of the teenage experience in YA literature, so a lot of books have fictional bands. Every band needs a name — so which one is your favorite? Vote in the poll below or leave a comment if there’s some band from a YA book that’s got a really amazing name that we didn’t include!
What's your favorite name of a band from a YA book?
- Copenhagen Interpretation (Going Bovine by Libba Bray) (40%, 29 Votes)
- Force Field of Unimaginable Pain (Scorch by Gina Damico) (18%, 13 Votes)
- The Jerk-Offs (Nick and Norahâ€™s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan) (16%, 12 Votes)
- Horny Teenagers Bandwagon (Croak by Gina Damico) (7%, 5 Votes)
- Rage/Tectonic (Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going) (7%, 5 Votes)
- Arnold Murphyâ€™s Bologna Dare (Beat the Band by Don Calame) (5%, 4 Votes)
- Sexist Pigs (City of Bones by Cassandra Clare) (5%, 4 Votes)
- PETRA (Friend Is Not a Verb by Daniel Ehrenhaft) (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
You may also like:
Latest posts by Gretchen Kolderup (see all)
- Librarians Love: Coming of Age Stories for Male Readers - December 1, 2014
- Librarians Love: Books by Non-US Authors - October 9, 2014
- Librarians Love: Contemporary Romance Beyond Best Sellers - September 2, 2014