Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked you which YA book is the best inspiration for cosplay. It looks like a lot of you are fans of bright blue hair, because Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor came in first with 30% of the vote. In second place, we had The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins with 23% of the vote, followed closely by the Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O’Malley with 20%. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
The first day of school is just around the corner, and although we know you students out there would never miss an assignment, we thought we’d try out some inventive excuses our favorite YA lit characters might use. What’s the best YA-inspired excuse for not turning in your homework? Vote in the poll below or suggest your own YA-inspired excuse in the comments!
Best excuse for not turning in your homework?
- Was there an assignment? Sorry, I wasn't inhabiting this body yesterday. (Every Day by David Levithan) (41%, 41 Votes)
- My capaill uisce ate it. (The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater) (20%, 20 Votes)
- I'd tell you I did my homework, but then Iâ€™d have to kill you. (Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter) (20%, 20 Votes)
- Itâ€™s really hard to do homework when youâ€™re cryogenically frozen. (Across the Universe by Beth Revis) (11%, 11 Votes)
- It was buried in a ditch in the backyard. (Rotters by Daniel Kraus) (5%, 5 Votes)
- My stele wasnâ€™t working. (City of Bones by Cassandra Clare) (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 99
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015