The Monday Poll: Female Friendships
Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week we asked you to choose the sequel or series book being published this fall that you’re most looking forward to reading. This fall is an exciting one, because there are a lot of great books coming out! The majority of you are eager to get your hands on Allegiant by Veronica Roth, with 34% of the vote. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater also proved to be a popular choice, taking in 18% of the vote, followed by Just One Year by Gayle Forman with 10%. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Did you know September is International Women’s Friendship Month? Even though the emphasis in YA lit is often romance instead of true-blue friendship, there are quite a few unforgettable books featuring strong female friendships. Vote for your favorite set of BFFs in the poll below or let us know who we missed in the comments!
Your favorite female friendship in YA lit?
- Maddie and "Verity" (Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein) (44%, 37 Votes)
- Lena, Tibby, Carmen, and Bridget (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares) (35%, 29 Votes)
- Betsy and Tacy (The Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace) (12%, 10 Votes)
- Cath and Reagan (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell) (5%, 4 Votes)
- Isi and Enna (The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale) (5%, 4 Votes)
- Helen and Claire (Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 84