New TV Shows with Teen Appeal
With new shows starting up this week and over the next two months; there’s plenty with teen appeal. I’ve broken them up into categories.
For those who like horror:
- Sleepy Hollow: Washington Irving’s classic story moves into modern day where Ichabod Crane moves 250 years into the future where he could be the world’s last hope.
- Dracula: In Victorian London, Dracula and Van Helsing plot to destroy the Order of the Dragon – with a graphic and vicious undertone but with great clothes.
- Originals (from Vampire Diaries): The first family of vampires rule New Orleans’ French Quarter but don’t expect it to match exactly with the Vampire Diaries.
- Ravenswood (from Pretty Little Liars): Caleb moves to his own show where he will join forces with other teens to uncover the town curse. The force behind the curse could be worse than anything A has ever dreamed up.
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (from Once Upon a Time): This show is unique in that it’s set up to be a one season story about an older and wiser Alice escaping the world and going back down the rabbit hole.
- Super Fun Night: Kimmie gets promoted in her law firm and forces herself and her nerdy, socially awkward best friends to go out and have fun instead of sitting home all the time. Sounds like a gender reversal of The Big Bang Theory.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Solving crimes and goofing off without the boss finding out, which stars Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live.
- Dads: A new comedy by Seth MacFarlane about what happens when fathers are forced to move in with their sons…
- Lucky Seven: Employees of a gas station have their lives changed for better and worse when they win the lottery.
- Welcome to the Family (For fans of Secret Life of the American Teenager): Two very different families must come together due to their teenagers becoming parents.
- Sean Saves the World: A divorced gay dad raises his teenage daughter.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Joss Whedon’s spin-off of the Avengers with nonsuper-power humans to manage global threats – with snark and gadgets.
For those who like drama:
- Hostages: Conspiracy thriller with family drama. Dr. Ellen Sanders is supposed to perform surgery on the President of the United States, but the night before its scheduled, she’s kidnapped along with her family. She must find a way to kill off the President or her family will die.
- Blacklist: Red is on the FBI’s most-wanted list when he saunters into the office and surrenders. He offers to help them capture fellow criminals the FBI doesn’t know exist. The reasoning behind his offer will come out over time.
- Tomorrow People: A high school student realizes that scientists are hunting him because they want to understand his new special powers
- Reign: Mary Queen of Scots fights for her life and her marriage to the future king…in great costumes, changing alliances, and angst.
For those who like reality:
- Junior Masterchef: Can 8 to 13 year olds cook in a professional kitchen with critiques from Gordon Ramsay?
What fall shows are you looking forward to watching?
~ Jennifer Rummel, currently reading Sweet Legacy by Tera Lynn Childs