The Monday Poll: Your Favorite Vampire
Last week we asked about the historical fantasy or alternate history you wish were real. Steampunk won out this time, with Scott Westerfeld’s alternate-WWI-based Leviathan capturing 32% of the vote. Assassin nuns in medieval Brittany are popular, too– Robin LaFevers’ Grave Mercy was a close second with 25% of your votes. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare earned 19% of the vote, showing more steampunk love. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
We know the vampire trend in YA lit is waning, but let’s face it, vampires will always have their devotees, regardless of the zeitgeist. And with Halloween just around the corner, it seems fitting to give these creatures of the night a moment to shine (um, maybe not in direct sunlight, though). Vote in the poll below, and since we couldn’t possibly list them all, be sure to add a comment if we’ve missed your favorite vampire.
Your favorite vampire in YA lit?
- Simon from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (25%, 22 Votes)
- Baz from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (24%, 21 Votes)
- Vlad from The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series by Heather Brewer (13%, 11 Votes)
- Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (11%, 10 Votes)
- Alice from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (10%, 9 Votes)
- Lissa from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (7%, 6 Votes)
- Edward from Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (7%, 6 Votes)
- Mina from Sucks to be Me by Kimberly Pauley (1%, 1 Votes)
- Alexander from Vampires Kisses by Ellen Schreiber (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 87