The Monday Poll: Your Favorite YA Ghost Story
Good morning, Hub readers!
We are gearing up for Halloween around here: last week we wanted to know your favorite vampire in YA lit. Simon from Cassandra Clare’s The Mortal Instruments series captured 25% of the vote to take the top spot, followed closely by Baz from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell with 24% – which is pretty impressive, considering Fangirl isn’t actually a vampire story. Vlad from Heather Brewer’s The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series came in third with 13% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Continuing the Halloween theme, we’re asking you to weigh in with your favorite YA lit ghost story this week. There’s a huge variety of ghosts represented in YA lit, from romances to friendships to true horror. Vote in the poll below, and be sure to comment if we’ve missed your very favorite.
Your favorite ghost story in YA lit?
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (24%, 18 Votes)
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (18%, 13 Votes)
- The Mediator series by Meg Cabot (14%, 10 Votes)
- Anyaâ€™s Ghost by Vera Brosgol (14%, 10 Votes)
- A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (11%, 8 Votes)
- Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement Moore (9%, 7 Votes)
- Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff (7%, 5 Votes)
- Hereafter by Tara Hudson (3%, 2 Votes)
- Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 74