Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, in honor of National Adoption Month, we asked which fictional family you’d want to be adopted into. Get our your red hair dye, readers: the Weasleys from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series have clearly captured your hearts, taking in 76% of the vote. Nathan and Andy, the stern but loving dads from Stephanie Perkins’ Lola and the Boy Next Door, came in second with 10% of the vote. We also had a couple of write-in votes: Jenn commented that she’d like to be adopted by the Lancasters or the Waters from John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars, and Jennie mentioned she likes Park’s family from Rainbow Rowell’s Eleanor and Park. Great suggestions, commenters! You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted and commented!
Since we’ve had a few posts on The Hub lately in honor of Day of the Dead, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day (Characters Haunted by the Death of a Friend, Guide to Angels in YA Literature, Dealing with Death in YA Lit), we’re turning this topic over to you. There are many different versions of the afterlife in YA fiction. Which one would you want to experience? Vote in the poll below, and be sure to comment if we’ve missed a good afterlife.
Which YA lit afterlife would you choose to experience?
- Elsewhere (Elsewhere from Gabrielle Zevin) (70%, 23 Votes)
- Radiance (Riley Bloom series by Alyson Noel) (15%, 5 Votes)
- Everlost (Everlost by Neal Shusterman) (6%, 2 Votes)
- Soul Rehabilitation Program for Nefarious Teens (Devine Intervention by Martha Brockenbrough) (6%, 2 Votes)
- Hereafter (Shadowlands series by Kate Brian) (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 33
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015