Hub Photo Challenge: What You’re Reading Over Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is just around the corner for our American readers, and with the deliciously long weekend coming up, we thought you might be looking for something to read. Thanks to the Hub readers and bloggers who participated in The Hub’s very first photo challenge, we have some terrific ideas for you!
Earlier this month, we asked you to show us what you’re planning to read over the Thanksgiving break, and we very much appreciate the enthusiastic response. It’s so much fun to see what’s in everyone’s to-read pile, and it gives us some inspiration for good books to curl up with this weekend.
Big thanks to everyone who sent in their pictures, and to Hub Advisory Board member Carli Spina, who spearheaded the challenge!
- From Hub reader Kelsey, who reports that she’s on her third or fourth re-read of Meg Cabot’s Mediator series:
- From Hub reader Lalitha, with a guest appearance from her kitty Sasha:
- From Hub reader and librarian at the Saline District Library, Katie:
- From Hub reader Lydia, 12 years old:
- From Hub reader Becky, 15 years old:
- From Hub blogger Geri Diorio, who says, “I’ve been reading one fairy tale from the Brothers Grimm each night before bed, and Philip Pullman will continue to tell me a bedtime story over the holiday break! I was lucky enough to get an Advanced Reading Copy of Susan Cooper’s new book Ghost Hawk at BEA back in June but have not had a chance to read it. This long weekend will be that chance. And finally, I splurged on some comics – the first collection of Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files – for my tablet. Those will be nice reading breaks I can grab in between visiting relatives.”
- From Hub blogger Laura Perenic:
- From Hub blogger Faythe Arredondo, who’s looking forward to “finally” diving into this book:
- From Hub blogger Jessica Miller:
- From Hub blogger Carla Land, who has undoubtedly captured the hearts of fellow Doctor Who fans with her choice here:
- From Hub blogger Sharon Rawlins:
- From Hub blogger Molly Wetta, who says, “Spike and I plan on spending a day over Thanksgiving weekend lounging in bed reading John Corey Whaley’s Where Things Come Back.”
- From Hub blogger Carli Spina:
- From Hub blogger Kelly Dickinson (who says these are just “a few” of her to-read books for Thanksgiving!):
Thanks again to everyone who participated in our first photo challenge! We hope you’ve gotten some good ideas for books to add to your to-read piles. Happy Thanksgiving, and happy reading!
-Allison Tran, currently reading Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple (a 2013 Alex Award winner)