The Monday Poll: YA Lit Characters for President!
Last week, we rounded out our Valentine’s Day polls by asking which romantic outcome from YA lit you’d like to change. Apparently freshly baked bread doesn’t win many hearts around here, because Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games trilogy came in first with 34% of the vote. The Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer followed closely with 32% of the vote, so Team Jacob is clearly still going strong. Finally, the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray came in third with 16% of the vote. (Team No Tree?) You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted and commented last week!
This week, we’re on to the next holiday– the United States is celebrating Presidents’ Day, so we want to know: which YA lit character would you vote into the Oval Office? Your choice could be based on leadership ability, a commanding presence, admirable values, or sheer charisma. Actual qualifications don’t matter, since this is just for fun– so go nuts! Vote in the poll below, and feel free to campaign for your favorite in the comments.
Which YA lit character for president?
- Frankie from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (28%, 45 Votes)
- Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (26%, 41 Votes)
- Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (14%, 22 Votes)
- Gansey from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (9%, 15 Votes)
- June from Legend by Marie Lu (9%, 15 Votes)
- Regan from Fangirl from Rainbow Rowell (8%, 13 Votes)
- Cassel from The Curse Workers series by Holly Black (3%, 5 Votes)
- Alex from The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney (3%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 160