Good morning, Hub readers! Last week, we asked you to choose your favorite female character in YA historical fiction, in honor of Women’s History Month. Elizabeth Wein’s “Verity” and Maddie from Code Name Verity made a sensational team and nabbed the #1 spot with 36% of your vote, followed by Liesel Meminger from Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief with 23%. Cecily and Gwenhwyfar from The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats were also a popular choice, with 19% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted, and March isn’t over yet– keep celebrating women’s history!
This week, we want to know which spring sequel you’re most looking forward to reading in the coming months. There’s a lot to look forward to, so vote in the poll below or add your choice in the comments if we left out a good one.
What sequel published this spring are you most eager to read?
- Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor (Apr 8) (35%, 52 Votes)
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (May 27) (17%, 26 Votes)
- Nantucket Red by by Leila Howland (May 13) (17%, 25 Votes)
- The One by Kiera Cass (May 6) (11%, 17 Votes)
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (Jun 17) (9%, 13 Votes)
- The Treatment by Suzanne Young (Apr 29) (3%, 4 Votes)
- Raging Star by Moira Young (May 13) (2%, 3 Votes)
- Gasp by Lisa McMann (Jun 3) (1%, 2 Votes)
- While We Run by Karen Healey (May 27) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Rebel by Amy Tintera (May 13) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Frozen by Erin Bowman (Apr 15) (1%, 1 Votes)
- The Klaatu Terminus by Pete Hautman (Apr 8) (1%, 1 Votes)
- I Am The Mission by Allen Zadoff (Jun 17) (1%, 1 Votes)
- The Strange Maid by Tessa Gratton (Jun 10) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 149
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015