Printz Award winning books have been set all over the world. Below is a map showing approximate locations for many of the Printz winners. Can you guess which books are set in the different locations? The answers are below.
*Only one section of the book is set in this location.
Before you look at the answers, think about the books you are reading this year. Any great settings? If you have read something spectacular, consider suggesting it for the 2015 Printz Award. Take us somewhere wonderful!
Okay, here are the answers:
- The First Part Last by Angela Johnson (2004)
- The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean (2008)
- Looking for Alaska by John Green (2006)
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (2009)
- how i live now by Meg Rosoff (2005)
- A Step from Heaven by An Na (2002)
- In Darkness by Nick Lake (2013)
- Postcards from No Man’s Land by Aidan Chambers(2003)
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray (2010)
- Kit’s Wilderness by David Almond (2001)
- Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley (2012)
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luan Yang (2007)
-Diane Colson, currently reading Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
You may also like:
Latest posts by Diane Colson (see all)
- Picture Books for Young Adults - October 13, 2017
- New Interest Group – Picture Books for Young Adults - October 6, 2016
- This Is Where YALSA Gets Really Interesting! - June 21, 2016