In celebration of National Poetry Month, we are all making poetry! Specifically, Spine Poetry, which is the technique of arranging your books so that their titles form a poem. To combine this challenge with our 2014 Hub Reading Challenge, all books that are used must be taken from those eligible for the Reading Challenge.
Once you have perfected your poem, snap a picture of it and send it to us to be entered in the contest! We’ll post some of the best poems on The Hub and one grand prize winner will receive a signed copy of Every Day by David Levithan!
Check out the official rules:
- For privacy reasons, make sure there aren’t any people in your pictures, please! But, aside from this one caveat, feel free to get as creative as you would like in both your poem and the setting of your photo!
- All entries must be sent to email@example.com by April 25th to be considered. Please include your mailing address if you would like to be eligible to win the grand prize.
- By submitting your photo, you are consenting to its publication by YALSA on The Hub or any other YALSA social media accounts, though we are under no obligation to publish all submissions that we receive.
- The contest is open to anyone, but the winner will be selected from participants in the United States or Canada.
We will announce our winner and share some of the best entries we get at the end of the month. Good luck! We’ve been getting some great entries, and can’t wait to see what you will come up with!
-Carli Spina, Hub Advisory Board member
You may also like:
Latest posts by Carli Spina (see all)
- Women in Comics – The Wonderful World of Sports - November 7, 2017
- Women in Comics – Monsters, Ghosts, and the Supernatural - October 3, 2017
- Women in Comics – Refugee Experiences - September 5, 2017