Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked you which realistic YA book should be made into a movie. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins dominated with 39% of the vote, and Hate List by Jennifer Brown came in second with 14%. The First Part Last by Angela Johnson followed closely with 13% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, we want to know who you think is the worst best friend EVER in YA lit. These bullies, backstabbers, and betrayers might be characters you love to hate– they’re so well-written, they seem to jump off the page (and you can only hope they don’t show up in your life). Vote for the worst best friend in the poll below or add your suggestion in the comments.
Who's the worst best friend in YA lit?
- Draco from Harry Potter (29%, 32 Votes)
- Ali from the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard (23%, 25 Votes)
- Shay from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld (20%, 22 Votes)
- Luke from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan (15%, 17 Votes)
- Kim from the Ruby Oliver series by E. Lockhart (5%, 5 Votes)
- Penelope from The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (4%, 4 Votes)
- Vonnie from Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown (2%, 2 Votes)
- Adriane from The Book of Blood and Shadows by Robin Wasserman (2%, 2 Votes)
- Vincent from When We Wuz Famous by Greg Takoudes (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 110
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015