Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked which “vintage” YA novel could use a cover makeover to reach a contemporary audience. The big winner was The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger, with 31% of the vote, followed by Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher, with 26%, and Interstellar Pig by William Sleator took in 17% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted and commented!
This week, as we’re getting into the middle of August and the long, hot summer is starting to feel… well, really long and really hot, we want to know which of the following books would help cool you down. Vote in the poll below, or leave your suggestion in the comments!
Best book to cool you off through a summer heat wave
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (67%, 36 Votes)
- The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean (19%, 10 Votes)
- Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick (9%, 5 Votes)
- The Dead of Winter by Chris Priestly (4%, 2 Votes)
- The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 54
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015