Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked you to choose your favorite librarian from YA lit in celebration of Library Card Sign-up Month. The results were fairly evenly divided: Lirael from Lirael by Garth Nix came out on top with 28% of the vote, followed closely by Marian from the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl with 23%. Princess Cimorene from Patricia Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles took third place with 18% of the vote, because who doesn’t love a princess librarian? You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
This week, Fall is in the air (well, sort of– it’s 100 degrees here in Southern California!) and we want to know which upcoming standalone YA title you’re most looking forward to this season. Lots of us love series, but some complain of sequel fatigue and are aching to find a good book that stands on its own. Luckily, even though series remain popular in YA, there are lots of good standalone titles to choose from! Vote in the poll below, or be sure to add your choice in the comments if we missed it.
Which standalone title are you most looking forward to reading this Fall?
- Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (Sep. 23) (27%, 33 Votes)
- Iâ€™ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (Sep. 16) (18%, 22 Votes)
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (Sep. 30) (12%, 15 Votes)
- The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters (Oct. 14) (11%, 13 Votes)
- Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan (Oct. 7) (7%, 8 Votes)
- Althea and Oliver by Cristina Moracho (Oct. 9) (6%, 7 Votes)
- The Body Electric by Beth Revis (Oct. 6) (6%, 7 Votes)
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand (Sep. 30) (6%, 7 Votes)
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (Nov. 4) (4%, 5 Votes)
- Love is the Drug by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Sep. 30) (3%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 121
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015