Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked you to choose your favorite wintery YA read. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater took the top spot with 47% of the vote, followed by Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett, with 29%. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
As we head into the last few weeks of the year, we’re pondering what YA literature trends we’ll see in 2015. We here at The Hub have a few ideas, but we want to know what you think! What trends do you think will hit the big time in YA lit next year? Vote in the poll below, and please elaborate or add alternative choices in the comments!
What YA lit trends will we see in 2015?
- Stories about older/college-aged teens (38%, 50 Votes)
- Spin-off books set in the same world as already beloved series (16%, 21 Votes)
- Unreliable narrators (14%, 19 Votes)
- More horror, suspense, and mystery (11%, 15 Votes)
- Books dealing with suicide (10%, 13 Votes)
- More high fantasy (7%, 9 Votes)
- Witches (5%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 133
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015