Good morning, Hub readers!
Last week, we asked you to predict the biggest YA lit trend for 2015. While we won’t be able to answer that question in any way definitively until next year, let’s see how your predictions stacked up. The top pick was stories about older/college-aged teens, with 38% of the vote. Another strong prediction was spin-off books set in the same universe as already beloved series, with 16% of the vote. Quite a few of you expect to see a lot of unreliable narrators in YA lit next year, with 14% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted!
Let’s keep thinking ahead to 2015, and let’s take a closer look at your prediction about spin-off books that go along with beloved series– aka companion novels. While these books are set in the same universe as previous books by the author, they often introduce new characters or go deeper into the perspective of a character readers already know. Check out Hub blogger Jessica Lind’s post about companion novels, and tell us what upcoming companion novels you’re looking forward to in 2015! Vote in the poll below, and please elaborate or add alternative choices in the comments!
Which companion novel are you most looking forward to in 2015?
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer (44%, 38 Votes)
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan (12%, 10 Votes)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (12%, 10 Votes)
- Another Day by David Levithan (12%, 10 Votes)
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (8%, 7 Votes)
- The Heir by Kiera Cass (6%, 5 Votes)
- The Remedy by Suzanne Young (3%, 3 Votes)
- Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross (3%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 86
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015