This year on the Hub we are celebrating the Twelve Days of YA with a series of posts loosely based on the traditional Twelve Days of Christmas gifts. We have converted each gift into a related theme common to YA and paired it with a list of relevant titles. You may use the Twelve Days of YA tag to read all of the posts in the series.
Special thanks goes to Carli Spina, Faythe Arredondo, Sharon Rawlins, Geri Diorio, Becky O’Neil, Carla Land, Katie Yu, Laura Perenic, Jennifer Rummel, Libby Gorman, Carly Pansulla, and Allison Tran for their help creating the booklists and organizing this series.
On the sixth day of YA, my true love gave to me six geese-a-laying.
For day six, geese-a-laying, our theme is teen pregnancy in YA books. Whether a main topic or a side-story involving a secondary character, we were able to come up with quite a few titles. We hope you enjoy the stories of teen pregnancy we picked and encourage you to share your favorites in the comments!
- The First Part Last by Angela Johnson (2004 Printz Award Winner, 2004 Best Book for Young Adults, 2004 Top Ten Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2008 Popular Paperback for Young Adults)
- Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero (2015 Morris Award Finalist, 2015 Best Fiction for Young Adults Nominee, 2015 Quick Picks Nominee)
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen (1999 Best Books for Young Adults, 1999 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers)
- Bumped by Megan McCafferty (2012 Readers’ Choice Nominee)
- The Dear One by Jacqueline Woodson
– Jessica Lind, currently reading My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins