Good morning, Hub readers!
There are so many things to celebrate in April! Last week, our poll asked you to choose your favorite YA vampire series in honor of National Garlic Day. We thought we might have been unearthing a somewhat passe trend, but your responses indicate that vampires still have their fans! The results were fairly evenly spread– Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series took top honors with 37% of the vote, followed by Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy books with 20%. LJ Smith’s classic Vampire Diaries won 13% of the vote. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted and commented last week!
This week, we’re honoring National Honesty Day on Thursday, April 30. Honesty is a virtue, but let’s turn the tables and talk about characters who seem to have a little problem with honesty. Who’s the best liar in YA lit? Whether they’re lying to others or lying to themselves, choose from the options below, or suggest another in the comments.
Who is the best liar in YA lit?
- Cady from We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (44%, 36 Votes)
- Noah and Jude from I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (33%, 27 Votes)
- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (12%, 10 Votes)
- Micah from Liar by Justine Larbalestier (9%, 7 Votes)
- Shelby’s mom from There Will be Lies by Nick Lake (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 82
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015