Good morning, Hub readers!
Our last poll inquired about the YA book or series that would make the best theme park (like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!). 35% of you would line up for admission into the dystopian Chicago setting from Veronica Roth’s Divergent, 23% want to step into the world of Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunters books, and 21% want to visit a spooky recreation of 1920s New York a la The Diviners by Libba Bray. You can see detailed results for all of our previous polls in the Polls Archive. Thanks to all of you who voted last week!
This week, we’re asking you to consider your favorite YA lit trend of 2015 so far. Now that we’re in the middle of the year, you’ve probably had a chance to read a lot of books and get a sense of what topics are trending. What are you most drawn to? What are you seeing a lot of? Choose from the list below, or suggest any other trends in the comments.
What's your favorite YA lit trend of 2015 so far?
- Cons/elaborate heists (23%, 27 Votes)
- Mental health/suicide awareness (22%, 26 Votes)
- Middle Eastern inspired fantasy (21%, 25 Votes)
- The transgender experience (18%, 21 Votes)
- Quirky/heartbreaking unlikely romances (18%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 120
You may also like:
Latest posts by Allison Tran (see all)
- The Monday Poll: Assign a YA Lit Title for Summer Reading - August 10, 2015
- Wrapping Up the 2015 Hub Reading Challenge - August 9, 2015
- The Monday Poll: Summer Vacation - August 3, 2015